2013 Abstract Submission - CLOSED
Notices will be sent out the first week of December, and we look forward to seeing you all in January. If you have questions please contact Crystal Benson at email@example.com; 907-644-6701.
Abstracts are limited to 350 words.
Due to high demand for Plenary presentation slots and in keeping with the theme of the event, only abstracts focusing on Alaska marine research are considered by the Review Committee.
The Review Committee evaluates abstracts based on Science Merit, Abstract writing, and General Considerations. The latter is calculated automatically based on information already provided by submitters. The Review Committee is made up of topic experts who volunteer their time to the Symposium. No Reviewer is allowed to judge submissions considered to be a conflict of interest.
I want to give a TALK. What's the process?
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: Submit your abstract (350 words max) using the online system by the deadline. In the interest of fairness and to allow an adequate review period, no abstract submitted after the deadline will be considered. Once you formally submit your abstract the system will email you a confirmation notice.
- EVALUATION: Abstracts are evaluated by a Review Committee, which ensures that the abstract is relevant to the geographical and ecological scope of the Symposium. The Committee then scores each abstract on its scientific merit and writing quality. Highest-scoring abstracts receive plenary slots.
- NOTIFICATION: You should have been notified by e-mail of the status of your abstract submission several weeks after submitting it. We regularly receive more speaker requests than available speaker slots, so if your abstract is not selected for a talk, you will be offered the opportunity to present your work as a poster (see below for more information on posters).
- TIME LIMIT: Slots are strictly limited to 15 minutes, including time for questions and transition to the next speaker. Plan to present a 12-minute talk and leave 3 minutes for questions. See our tips for giving a great talk at the Symposium.
I want to present a POSTER. What's the process?
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: Submit your abstract (350 words max) using our online system by the deadline.
- START CREATING YOUR POSTER: If you submit an abstract for a poster, plan on presenting that poster at the Symposium. We accept all abstracts for poster presentations submitted before the deadline. Contact the Poster Coordinator with questions.
- Learn more about poster specifications.